NEED FILES for Serpent Audio SB4000

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rafafredd

So, I bought this PCBs to build a Serpent Audio SB4000 VCA compressor, but couldn't download the needed documentation from theblinks in their website (broken Google Drive paths).

After I've payed for the boards I wanted to have stuff made before it arrives, like designing and ordering a custom front panel and chassis, studying the schematics and buying parts, etc. But as I couldn't download the documents, I've contacted mr. Michael C. Pildis from Serpent Audio asking for the documents, like BOM, front panel CAD measures, etc, and he said he was on vacation and would send me these soon.

Well, this guy shipped my boards only after 15 days or so, and then NEVER replied to my emails again asking to send me the files or proper working links from where I could download these. He simply ignored me!

I though that maybe the boards would arrive with printed version of the documents, but no. The boards arrived today, and here I am, with no BOM, no parts I could have already ordered, no front panel or chassis drawings I could have already made, no schematics to study, no nothing!

No, I don't recommend buying from Serpent Audio. That was catastrophic customer care.

I don't know what's up with this guy.

I did nothing to deserve this treatment. I just said I couldn't download the files from the links provided, because these were BROKEN, and asked him to send me the files. I was ALWAYS polite and professional.

Can PLEASE, someone help me if you have these files on hand? Could another customer who bought the boards email me the files, PLEASE?

My email is [email protected]

Otherwise, I'm afraid these EXPENSIVE PCBs are simply of no use to me or anyone else.

Attachments

• IMG_20221031_170526.jpg
    IMG_20221031_170526.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
Hi! Been a very long time since I’ve been in here. Basically I just got my sb4000 back and now the threshold doesn’t seem to do anything. I made this over 10 years ago now for a uni project so I’m completely lost as to what it could be that’s caused this. Is there a specific area on the pcb I need to look at to make sure the threshold his active in some way?
Init passes audio evenly and the ratio/attack/release/SC/makeup gain all work fine. Just the threshold hold doesn’t seem to change at all and there is always the same amount of compression happening regardless of where the threshold knob is.

Any help is greatly appreciated, as I mentioned I haven’t looked at anything electrical or build wise in over 10 years and I was literally following instructions when I built it with no background in electronics so apologies of these are newb questions

Back