Need help deciding between two plugins.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 125886

Hey guys I'm kinda on the fence with these two plugins from Softube that I'm demoing at the moment.
I posted the links to a short vocal sample below. If you guys could tell me which one you prefer, that would be very helpful.
One is the (Weiss EQ MP) the other is the (British Class A Channel Strip). I got them both using the exact same EQ curve.
It's like the best digital sound vs the best analog. Kinda driving me crazy.

Signal chain is (Dynamic mic / Motu onboard pre / and a Weiss Limiter on the masterbus with very transparent setting)
Sorry about the stupid drum machine.

https://rpg-music.000webhostapp.com/Weiss-EQ-MP.wavhttps://rpg-music.000webhostapp.com/British-Class-A.wav
These are 24 bit wave files from my own personal webspace.

Thanks for listening.

You should get both as they're different tools and both usefull.

The Weiss EQ is pretty similar to the Fabfilter Q2 or Q3, so if you have the Fabfilter bundle I don't see much need for the Weiss.

But besides that I would have both tools (actually I have, even if it's from other brands)

I own both, as well as the American and Weiss Gambit Series (I have a Console-1) so I also have all the SSL stuff they sell...

The British stuff is good but I find it a bit limited...I use the Weiss more...

The Weiss is taken from the DS-1 MK mastering EQ, its a one-to-one code replication...and this part is the main engine of the mastering unit...so basically its a Mastering EQ Lite...except its not really all that limited...

So it comes down to something you can use to mix and master or something that gives you analog color...for me, I'd go with the Weiss and then wait for the Abby Roads Brilliance stuff or some of their saturators to go on sale...

There's other ways to get British color...but the Weiss is an industry standard for a reason and you're almost 75% there with the EQ-MP.

Back