Neve 1290 questions

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Make sure the output of the 3055 transistor is connected to the HI input of the 553. Keep in mind the LO connection of 553 goes to the audio ground so this may cause complications with the TX connections on your BA283AV boards.

You may just need to pick off after the transformer or add some other buffer between the preamp and EQ. The other option is to go out of the Preamp out of the AV board to the 553 HI input then to the stage three input of the AV board.

One of those methods should work. I hope.

Thanks!

Paul

yes finally success!!! connected to P and L and get lovely waveform HF, MF and LF work fine, my only question now is i have used 5k pots rather than 10k, would it make a big difference?

Next stage is to wire in some switchable frequencies!!

It should be about 4.35VAC at that bands frequency. The stock frequencies are low shelf at 100, MF peak at 2k5, and high shelf at 10k. So you would set the generator for those frequencies and then measure.

Thanks,

Paul

I tested the Psu today and circuit was dodgy even with a good Psu?
So I fiddled with the 5k trimmer and I think it was a bad solder joint as now all voltages seem solid and current wise it seems to pull 0.12A at full gain and 0.08A at no gain.
I seem to remember this was about right, more testing on the way but will need to go to Germany to do a gig first!!!

Another question for you, the 180pf cap on the input txf.
What frequencies is this cutting out?
I’m assuming it’s 22khz and above?

I can see that using 300pf for the eq selects the 12khz frequency.

Just wondered how to work this out?

That seems to make sense, but I don't know exactly. I'm not smart enough to know what precisely is happening with the components. I just guess and then test.

Thanks!

Paul

Back