new la-2 pcb

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah but edcor will do it for 10$...

I don't mind experimenting but tubes are not my thing.. they make me frustrated.. :green:

Seems that I just need to make the sidechain more sensitive, but the noise floor is also a problem here which could be solved by using the right transformer...

-can'tr argue with that price!

I would suggest using a high ratio on inut and lower the output gain with a higher ratio xfmr on o/p. -Some folks complained about too much gain in these units.

remember that impedance and ratio are related quadratically to other.
so 600:10K and 600:60K, not that much diff.

can you get the line amp into distortion without any GR?

didn't get a chance to mess with this over the weekend, but I did use it for a short time...

if the input level is HOT then it really compresses and sounds pretty good. I can't wait to get it straightened out so I can use it!

it's driving into a 3k solid state input.

I'm also driving it from a line source that doesn't have any trouble driving other 10k or 600r inputs.

lowering r11 to 47k made the thing NOT compress, the t4 didn't light up at all and turning the gain up made it go into some kind of oscillation.

does anybody have the heater hookup info (ie heater hookup.pdf) for the V.1 boards?

the links from page 8 and 9 of this thread are dead.

please please please - it's taken me so long to get to build these, and now i'm simply waiting for clarification of the heater hookup prior to fitting into cases.

also - for the V1 board, does anybvody have the votage list? for tubes out, and tubes in . . .

hopefully yours,
chris

received all well and good. answers everything, thanks.

i've passed it all over to gregory, too. for safe-keeping. though i doubt there are any more unbuilt v 1 pcb's left.

you know, it'd be great to make some sense of these 150-odd pages. but it'd take sorting through it and making a meta of the major topics.

i'd bags the job, but i have to wash my hair.

regards,
chris

Sorry to dredge up this old thread.

If anyone has a copy of the original Drip Electronics LA-2a V1 Manual .pdf I'd appreciate if you could email me: blunderfonics (at) gmail.com. I've contacted Gregory about it but he was unable to come up with a copy at the moment (though I appreciate him for taking a look).

I am just getting around to completing this project but am running into some issues, so having the original manual with all the hookup diagrams and images of the unpopulated V1 PCB would be a big help with trouble shooting.

I'm finally getting around to finishing my V1 pcb and cant seem to find any of the hookup diagrams. I do have the V1 manual, but it left out the wiring portion (specifically the metering section and heaters.)
Anyone still have this stuff laying around?

excuse me i think the question has been posted many times but i couldn't find the answer

where can i find the layout to make the pcb?

thank you

David

I believe this is one of Greg's boards. (drip electronics)
He's on Ver. 3 right now and will happily sell you one if you email him.
I've built a few using his version 2 boards and they rock.
8)

Back