OMG, LM13700N (DIP16) is somewhat a rare bread currently

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, i have quite a few designs (voltage controlled filters) on stock, i made of the past year and now ...

Mouser says, they arrive in 2023.
I used LM13600 in a voltage (actually current) controlled sine wave generator (10Hz to 30kHz @ <0.3% THD) inside the Loftech TS-1audio test set, I designed back in the early 80s. It was the right technology for 40 years ago...

JR

I used LM13600 in a voltage (actually current) controlled sine wave generator (10Hz to 30kHz @ <0.3% THD) inside the Loftech TS-1audio test set, I designed back in the early 80s. It was the right technology for 40 years ago...

JR
the problem is, i use the 1V/oct control circuit from the Korg MS-20 filter.
MS-20 Filter Schematic

to use a SSI2164 ic and make it move 1V/Oct, i have to find a way to adapt that circuit.
Any ideas on how to make a "current mirrored" circuit for that chip?

Welcome to the Great Reset and artificial scarcity.

It's not just the LM13700. TI are quoting mid to late 2023 deliveries for the LM3886, OPA2134 and lots of other parts.

NJE dropped the 13700 a couple of years back and I bought some before they went EOL despite having never used them in a design.

Welcome to the Great Reset and artificial scarcity.

It's not just the LM13700. TI are quoting mid to late 2023 deliveries for the LM3886, OPA2134 and lots of other parts.

NJE dropped the 13700 a couple of years back and I bought some before they went EOL despite having never used them in a design.
I have designed a couple of things (but not yet build) using matched transistor to build the LM13700.
Am curious how this works out, but requires using a pick and place assembly service.

some others did this with the BA662A.
BA662 Clone
BA662 - Open Music Labs Wiki
contains Autodesk/cadsoft Eagle schematic and board files.

a read to use/buy:
re-303.com ba662-clone

Behringer used the Openmusic labs files (idea) and incorporated it in to their TD3, their Roland TB-303 clone.
before they made their own silicon BA662A clone.

You can find the lm13700 here and there, but that means registering and considerable more expensive than mouser.

Last edited:
Back