Omg

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pucho812

I would ask how a person sleeps at night selling this, but if it sold a lot the answer would be a on a pile of money. I can’t for the life of me think of any technical explanation for their claim other then a magic wand, imagination, or because we say so.

Attachments

• A2ECC069-021F-4943-A643-7932DEA6BC60.jpeg
    A2ECC069-021F-4943-A643-7932DEA6BC60.jpeg
    222.9 KB
I've seen so much snake oil that it doesn't surprise me anymore, out of the back of my mind I remember some stones to place on top of your amplifier to make it resonate better, replacing volume knobs with wood knobs, and my favorite is a type of oil that you spread on top of ICs to make them sound like vacuum tubes.

user 37518 said:
I've seen so much snake oil that it doesn't surprise me anymore, out of the back of my mind I remember some stones to place on top of your amplifier to make it resonate better, replacing volume knobs with wood knobs, and my favorite is a type of oil that you spread on top of ICs to make them sound like vacuum tubes.

I made wooden knobs before. The idea was I could easily go down to the local hardware store and buy a wooden dowel 3’ in length at 1/2” diameter.  Was way to the drill out the center to accommodate the shaft.  Worked pretty well over all

Why bother trying to sell fairy dust over on GS?  ;D
Probably be better to nominate good projects from here ,arrange a group buy on the component, enclosure/tooling end and try to give a few usefull ideas a kickstart. 

Tubetec said:
Why bother trying to sell fairy dust over on GS?  ;D
Probably be better to nominate good projects from here ,arrange a group buy on the component, enclosure/tooling end and try to give a few usefull ideas a kickstart.

I thought it wasn't GS anymore

ruffrecords said:
Maybe we should develop a groupDIY very expensive gizmo and sell it on GS?

Cheers

Ian
nah.... 

While some of these snake oil merchants may honestly believe their own BS, intentionally deceiving customers is not a good long term plan in my judgement.

JR

They've also got "digital stickers" to improve the sound of your converter chips:

https://highend-electronics.com/products/albat-cd-dac-tuning-chips?_pos=62&_sid=6c2381092&_ss=r

;D

How can this be legal? I don't understand, people have gone to jail for much less. In my country we have an indepentent legal organization in favour of the consumer, they basically test everything, like companies who claim that are selling cheese without being really cheese, or milk, etc.. they also test every apliance, etc, you can file some sort of civil lawsuit against any company and they will provide free counseling in a court of the organization, most of the time the consumer will win the lawsuit. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PROFECO

Unfortunately, it looks like it originates from Germany:

https://www.albat-energy.com/
www.albat-online-shop.de/

:-\

Why is it legal? Because it's not food, medicine, legal advice, actual technology, banking etc. Anyone can bring these things to market without having to have them tested first.

The way it is supposed to work is that the competition takes legal steps against illegitimate, misleading etc. advertising.

I have half a mind to see if I can find and convince a legitimate audio product retailer to take legal action against that charlatan. Some of the claims are non-subjective and as such must be factual, like this one (translation):

>>The USB tuning stick belonging to the "Roswell Plug" is equipped with a SM marker, which enables us to control the plug at any time and without you having to do anything (except to push the USB stick into the plug), and to amplify it from our offices at home and abroad overnight on order via quantum field with additional tunings. You can find these in our store.<<

It's one thing to tell the customer they think the sticker will enhance the subjective sound, but something else to claim that they actually control the gadget remotely...

user 37518 said:
How can this be legal? I don't understand, people have gone to jail for much less. In my country we have an indepentent legal organization in favour of the consumer, they basically test everything, like companies who claim that are selling cheese without being really cheese, or milk, etc.. they also test every apliance, etc, you can file some sort of civil lawsuit against any company and they will provide free counseling in a court of the organization, most of the time the consumer will win the lawsuit. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PROFECO
The reason it hasn't been made illegal yet is because there aren't enough phools being scammed to get the pols to pass a law.

If something sounds too good to be true it often is.

JR

Latest posts

Back