Omg

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
living sounds said:
Unfortunately, it looks like it originates from Germany:

https://www.albat-energy.com/
www.albat-online-shop.de/

:-\

Why is it legal? Because it's not food, medicine, legal advice, actual technology, banking etc. Anyone can bring these things to market without having to have them tested first.

The way it is supposed to work is that the competition takes legal steps against illegitimate, misleading etc. advertising.

I have half a mind to see if I can find and convince a legitimate audio product retailer to take legal action against that charlatan. Some of the claims are non-subjective and as such must be factual, like this one (translation):

>>The USB tuning stick belonging to the "Roswell Plug" is equipped with a SM marker, which enables us to control the plug at any time and without you having to do anything (except to push the USB stick into the plug), and to amplify it from our offices at home and abroad overnight on order via quantum field with additional tunings. You can find these in our store.<<

It's one thing to tell the customer they think the sticker will enhance the subjective sound, but something else to claim that they actually control the gadget remotely...

I had to see this for myself.  I laughed so hard I almost soiled myself.  ;D

You guys aren't really understanding the CD/Vinyl Optimizer or giving it a fair shake:  it was easily the best money I have ever spent.

What most people don't realize is that, both CD's and vinyl are physical media, with imperfections on each surface.  Neither are perfectly flat planes:  both the laser reader and the vinyl needle end up coloring the sound in different ways.  For the CD, the reflected laser wavelength shifts slightly as the CD spins, causing a smearing of the high end frequencies.  For the vinyl needle, the upward travel of the needle causes compression of the needles surface, causing the same compression impacting the midrange of the recording.

Fortunately this product solves both problems:  it is created by cryogenically treating a rare-earth magnet down to near absolute zero, and bringing it back up to temperature slowly so that all of the magnetic poles are perfectly aligned with the bottom of the magnet.  When it is placed on the surface of the disc, the magnetic field causes the electrons in the material farthest away from the magnets surface to 'swell' into a higher valence shells, meaning the laser light no longer has to travel a farther distance before interacting with the digital data, meaning the smearing of the highs is resolved.  On the vinyl media, a similar thing happens, in that the needle can ride along the 'swelled' media, therefore no longer being compressed in the midrange.

Of course physics must be observed, which means that energy cannot be created indefinitely, which is why the effect is only temporary.  In fact, if you are a prolific listener and lover of music, it behooves you to buy at least two, or possibly three, and cycle through them.  Fortunately, the energy imparted onto the disc will be replenished by the Earth's natural magnetic fields, but that takes time.  If you own three, you can cycle between each one every 6 hours and always have the best effect of the media.  Thinking more, it's probably better to own six, or two sets of three, one set for vinyl media, and one set for CD media.

If you want the ideal listening experience, it would be best to buy a single optimizer for each vinyl disc and CD you own, because the magnet will attune itself to the individual characteristics of each disc and record, and you don't need to worry about depleting individual optimizers and will always be ready for the most pristine listening sessions.

Half of you people commenting have no experience with the product, and don't understand the physics at work here, so we really can't take your nay-saying seriously.  My Hana-Microline vinyl cartridge cost over $3k, and there's no way I would put it on an untreated disc and suffer listening through congested midrange!

Matador said:
You guys aren't really understanding the CD/Vinyl Optimizer or giving it a fair shake:  it was easily the best money I have ever spent.

What most people don't realize is that, both CD's and vinyl are physical media, with imperfections on each surface.  Neither are perfectly flat planes:  both the laser reader and the vinyl needle end up coloring the sound in different ways.  For the CD, the reflected laser wavelength shifts slightly as the CD spins, causing a smearing of the high end frequencies.  For the vinyl needle, the upward travel of the needle causes compression of the needles surface, causing the same compression impacting the midrange of the recording.

Fortunately this product solves both problems:  it is created by cryogenically treating a rare-earth magnet down to near absolute zero, and bringing it back up to temperature slowly so that all of the magnetic poles are perfectly aligned with the bottom of the magnet.  When it is placed on the surface of the disc, the magnetic field causes the electrons in the material farthest away from the magnets surface to 'swell' into a higher valence shells, meaning the laser light no longer has to travel a farther distance before interacting with the digital data, meaning the smearing of the highs is resolved.  On the vinyl media, a similar thing happens, in that the needle can ride along the 'swelled' media, therefore no longer being compressed in the midrange.

Of course physics must be observed, which means that energy cannot be created indefinitely, which is why the effect is only temporary.  In fact, if you are a prolific listener and lover of music, it behooves you to buy at least two, or possibly three, and cycle through them.  Fortunately, the energy imparted onto the disc will be replenished by the Earth's natural magnetic fields, but that takes time.  If you own three, you can cycle between each one every 6 hours and always have the best effect of the media.  Thinking more, it's probably better to own six, or two sets of three, one set for vinyl media, and one set for CD media.

If you want the ideal listening experience, it would be best to buy a single optimizer for each vinyl disc and CD you own, because the magnet will attune itself to the individual characteristics of each disc and record, and you don't need to worry about depleting individual optimizers and will always be ready for the most pristine listening sessions.

Half of you people commenting have no experience with the product, and don't understand the physics at work here, so we really can't take your nay-saying seriously.  My Hana-Microline vinyl cartridge cost over $3k, and there's no way I would put it on an untreated disc and suffer listening through congested midrange!

Pretty good, you got the magnets and cryogenics. But your text is seriously lacking in the quantum department. Maybe mention Einstein, too? Also, there is a "molecular memory", can you add that as well?

Serving food with gold leaf is quite common in India and other parts of Asia.

Some decades ago I handled IT for a holiday timesharing company. In the US this may be just business as usual, over here they have no ethics at all.

They employed a diverse bunch of people who called random numbers. The message was "I've got good news for you".

Uneducated blue collar folk usually smacked the horn on the receiver when they heard the message. The higher the education, the easier the sell...

cyrano said:
Serving food with gold leaf is quite common in India and other parts of Asia.

Some decades ago I handled IT for a holiday timesharing company. In the US this may be just business as usual, over here they have no ethics at all.

They employed a diverse bunch of people who called random numbers. The message was "I've got good news for you".

Uneducated blue collar folk usually smacked the horn on the receiver when they heard the message. The higher the education, the easier the sell...

Timesharing is a shady business everywhere. There is a great South Park episode dealing with Timesharing:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asspen

Higher education tends to correlate with disposable income and wealth, this might have had something to do with the response rate. In my experience, peddlers of mobile phone contracts tend to concentrate on blue collar areas and hardly ever show up where more educated affluent people live.

living sounds said:
But your text is seriously lacking in the quantum department.

Here in Finland you can get free tax payer money by spinning BS about quantum physics. We have a company here that makes power cables that are claimed to reduce the power consumption and noise of your audio gear. Business Finland (it was called Tekes back then) gave them over 100k of free money and a 500k loan.

Start a BS business in Finland and get free money.
https://www.businessfinland.fi/en/do-business-with-finland/home

Heikki said:
Here in Finland you can get free tax payer money by spinning BS about quantum physics. We have a company here that makes power cables that are claimed to reduce the power consumption and noise of your audio gear. Business Finland (it was called Tekes back then) gave them over 100k of free money and a 500k loan.

Start a BS business in Finland and get free money.
https://www.businessfinland.fi/en/do-business-with-finland/home

Here in Mexico is similar, its called being a politician ;D ;D

Philips labratory has done experiments with black tourmalin crystals, as they do have an effect on perceived audio quality.
They could not make the effect last, it was only temporary, so they abandond the whole idea.

Really?  :eek:

Oh, well, they also made gold, in the sixties. Unfortunately, it cost a lot more than the gold produced.

I've tried this myself, got a black tourmalin crystal the size of a fist and put it on top of my amp.
After doing that I perceived the music slightly louder, tighter and more puchy.
The effect lasts for a day, or two, it sort of fades out.

I'm quite convinced the effect is with the listener, not with the gear, but still the temporary improvement was quite obvious.

So I don't know...

cyrano said:
Audio rocks. Ermm no, AudioRocks:

http://www.audiophile.rocks/obscurum.html

My dog made those rocks for years whenever I would take him for a walk. Who knew I was missing out on making money from his droppings.
Did you see their other products for sale?
the $200,000.00 power cable takes the biscuit.

TBH, Pucho, I think it's a sarcastic site.

Although, I used to have an internet acquaintance from Hungary who built excellent speakers. I kind-of pushed him into selling those.

His wife made beautiful ornaments from tree-root wood. In the pictures on his site, he usually had one of these ornaments on each speaker. One day, he got a mail, inquiring what these were for. Jokingly, he replied they made the speakers sound better. The reply he got, was an inquiry about the price.

He's an honest guy so he sent a pair of ornaments, for free. The "buyer" started bragging on some fora what these objects had done to the sound of his speakers, so Lajos started getting other mails. I told him to sell a few, but he was too honest for that.

I'm sure he could've made a bundle.

Look at cosmetics. 99% of what they promise isn't real.

Latest posts

Back