Opening a Haun MB 215

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Angie

Does anyone know how to open up this mic. It is not working and feels like the capsule may be jiggling around. It grill does not unscrew. Could it just be press fit at the center band? I inherited it and would love try to get it working. Haun mb 215 mic.jpg

Does anyone know how to open up this mic. It is not working and feels like the capsule may be jiggling around. It grill does not unscrew. Could it just be press fit at the center band? I inherited it and would love try to get it working.
Germans in that era loved to use thin pins made of hardened steel. Usually 3 of them.
They need to be carefully pressed in till they clear the thickness of the body wall.
Those holding the tuchel (3 pin connector) are probably hidden under the band.
Mind you, this being an dynamic mic, it's the dynamic cartridge at the top, only wires and some weighting inside the body and the tuchel at the bottom.
To get to the cartridge you probably need to remove the grill.
It looks glued.

Of course I cannot be 100% certain but such is the construction of Polish mics from that era, made under MB licence or in cooperation.
Also I own a pair of Bayerdynamic M 81. Same concept.

Last edited:
1000039599.jpg

It's a different mic, obviously, but illustrates the way of assembly.
The body inside is just filled with some hard plastic. For weight, I assume.

I just noticed that it even says MB-Unitra on the band 🙂 It's this old.
Later in the production they dropped the MB part. But cannot be sure.

Back