Opinions on 3U Audio M7 and Maiku M7

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, Ivan at Flea is great! In 2015 I bought a pair of F47 backplates and had Allen Luke at Luke Audio for some M49b-inspired mics. Just this year, I bought an F9 capsule to play with as an option on my Luke Audio Y56 and a pair of F9 backplates that Allen is skinning now.

Yep, Ivan at Flea is great! In 2015 I bought a pair of F47 backplates and had Allen Luke at Luke Audio for some M49b-inspired mics. Just this year, I bought an F9 capsule to play with as an option on my Luke Audio Y56 and a pair of F9 backplates that Allen is skinning now.
What are your thoughts on the Luke Audio capsules? I was intrigued about their 1 micron Mylar. How does it compare to the other well respected capsules?

Thank you. That helps a lot! This will go into my Miktek CV4 with EF800 and BV8 style transformer.
I took the capsule out of a warm audio wa47jr and put it in my cv4. I like the results better than what the stock capsule brought me. I put the cv4 stock capsule in the wa47jr. Oddly enough it sounds pretty good in that mic. Not sure what Kind of capsule the 47jr had. Some say it's form 3U. Not 100% on that. A lot of speculation .

I took the capsule out of a warm audio wa47jr and put it in my cv4. I like the results better than what the stock capsule brought me. I put the cv4 stock capsule in the wa47jr. Oddly enough it sounds pretty good in that mic. Not sure what Kind of capsule the 47jr had. Some say it's form 3U. Not 100% on that. A lot of speculation .
I have a CV4. I found the original capsule to be horrible. Very harsh. I swapped it for a Beesneez K7. It turned a bad sounding (but well built) mic into something really great. It's used in nearly every vocal session.

I have a CV4. I found the original capsule to be horrible. Very harsh. I swapped it for a Beesneez K7. It turned a bad sounding (but well built) mic into something really great. It's used in nearly every vocal session.
Thanks. How easy/difficult was it to install the capsule? Any issues? Did you end up reusing the same mount?

I had to drill two holes in the top plate so I could use the mount the K7 came on. The plate is easily removed with four screws. It was simple. I just took a few pictures so I knew how it should look when I reassembled it.

I had to drill two holes in the top plate so I could use the mount the K7 came on. The plate is easily removed with four screws. It was simple. I just took a few pictures so I knew how it should look when I reassembled it.
Thank you. I'm pretty sure you had posted before and after sound clips but I can't seem to locate them.

Could you be so kind as to point me in the right direction?

I don't have the sound clips available anymore. I'd need to dig through archives to find where they are. That was many projects ago so I will have to look. I can't say when or if I will find them but the next time I get free time, I will check a few archive drives for it.

Back