Organ retention scandal

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tubetec

A new organ retention scandal has emerged in Ireland ,
Organs of recently deceased babies , removed during autopsies ended up being incinerated in a facility in Antwerp ,
without the consent of the parents.

Theres plenty of evidence of organs of deceased infants being appropriated here over the years , hospitals would send the infants body up to the college for the autopsy where they could do what they wanted with it , tissue samples for medical testing etc.
Back in the old days if the child was born to a single mother and died often there was no funeral , once the medical had finished , the babies body
was commonly put at the foot of a coffin of someone else recently deceased ,again without the families knowledge . In other cases babies were buried within the grounds of the state run institutions themselves .

A few years ago here they changed the right to donate ones organs to an opt out system , where organs can now be harvested unless people specifically opt out ,
I questioned the now Taoiseach Micheal Martin about this policy a few years ago , he assured me the health system didnt have the resources to be able to harvest organs.
A good old buddy of mine had to have a closed casket funeral and the family had to wait 6 months to get his brain back afterwards .
Theres a lot less has changed here than we'd like to think ,
Shipping of 'donor organs' was perfect cover for all kinds shenanigans in the USA's involvement in Central and South America .

I'm not entirely sure where you're going with this - is it that you think there's some sinister conspiracy in present-day Ireland around this?

I would probably write it off as results of lack of resources in the health care system..

Or am I misunderstanding?

/Jakob E.

You may be lacking a lot of the historical context Jacob ,
Going back to British rule here we held a disproportionate number of people under lock and key .

Industrial schools ,mother and baby homes and other church/state run institutions like psychiatric units continued well into the last 100 years , with most being wound up around the 1990's .
The methodology and organisation within the health service demonstrates the usual ,no one taking responsibility.
The childrens bodies found at the mother and baby home in Galway is the tip of an iceberg , in fact the true scale of these back yard burials may well be measured in many thousands , and I suspect many will be missing organs when the state finally gets round to doing the pathologies and DNA testing.

As a result of this latest scandal there's already been a backlash against the organ donor legislation , or opt out system brought in a few years ago. It seems like someone left the back door open for exactly the situation were seeing to unfold , in other words parts of peoples bodies(although newborns are especially valuable) are being comodified , exported, used for any medical/scientific/pharmaceutical research they see fit , without the need of the consent of the parents ,

Its more of the same , the same bullshit we been fed for generations ,
People are tying up the lessons we should have learned from past experience , when the same situation crops up again and bites a second chunk out of our ass .

What if the pending investigation reveals that tissue samples from these children ended up in being used to asses the viabillity of covid vaccines in pregnant women or young children , does that make it all ok then ?

I think Jacob there are some very serious ethical questions to be answered , uncomfortable as it may be .

A new organ retention scandal has emerged in Ireland ,
Organs of recently deceased babies , removed during autopsies ended up being incinerated in a facility in Antwerp ,
without the consent of the parents.

There's no such facility in Antwerp. The only one in Flanders allowed to handle human remains is in Aalst. It also handles dead live stock and pets.

Could be the reporter misunderstood. The only facility in Antwerp that has a very small incinerator is the Tropical Institute, where it's used to destroy samples that are too dangerous to even leave the lab. Think Dengue fever and stuff like that.

Smells like the "organs" were just samples, sent for analysis.

What would you want baby organs for? There's very few baby organ transplantations going on, so the commercial value isn't great.

Latest posts

Back