OT: tech12 bassdriver pcb

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

12afael

I did this pcb for the bass driver. it is still not tested but it should work.

plexilandia.googlepages.com

enjoy!
12afael

Thanks 12afael !! :)

Tech21 use TLC2262 or TLC2462 here, and I think that this opamps is better when drive is used.

I have one question btw. I see this schematics around the net, but is this really 100% copy of bass sansamp ?

:grin: great i was looking for a great diy preamp for my bass. Are the pots to be linear or log?

[quote author="bigswole"] Are the pots to be linear or log?[/quote]
All pot except level must be linear. Level pot is log.

Thanks for sharing.
Having never toyed around with this box I'm wondering where the 'overdrive' comes from, I see only filtering but no diodes or something.

Regards,

Peter

The sansamp technology is based over operational amplifier clipping. Tech21 used Cmos opamp which have smooth clipping and sound near tube clipping. Lisen GT2 for example.

[quote author="Nikolay"]The sansamp technology is based over operational amplifier clipping. Tech21 used Cmos opamp which have smooth clipping and sound near tube clipping. Lisen GT2 for example.[/quote]
Whoa, surprised a bit by this. Thanks for pointing out.

I have one question btw. I see this schematics around the net, but is this really 100% copy of bass sansamp ?
no idea, but it seems to have the same desing philosophy.
the schematic say "triangular ear bass21 traced by Diz"

The sansamp technology is based over operational amplifier clipping. Tech21 used Cmos opamp which have smooth clipping and sound near tube clipping. Lisen GT2 for example.
theses op amps are Rail to Rail also .

the PCB is being tested at this moment by a friend. we found that C20 was backward. now it is corrected on pcb vercion 2.0. the pcb is the same.

plexilandia.googlepages.com

Rafael

new revision.. drive and treble were backwards too. icon_redface just in case you want to wire the pots directly on the board.
we have another issue. when the level and blend are at max the unit don´t pass audio. it´s like a bad biased device, maybe there is a resistor missing on the triangula ear schematic.

Rafael

:? dang the errors. I already started stuffing this board. waiting on a few parts. no prob correcting the errors though. How it the switch to be wired? Also is this to be powered by a 9volt battery?

it use a spdt the common is wired to SW3 and the extremes to SW1 and SW2. check the original triangular ear schematic for more details. parts numbers and values are the same on my board.

http://home.planetahost.ru/~firewood/teb21.pdf

yes it use a 9V battery .

ok i jumped the gun and etched the revision 1 board. Do you mean that by the drive and treble being backwards I just need to wire them up reverse. I plan on wiring of board so this will not be a problem, i just want to clear this up. I am hoping to have this done in time for a weekend gig. Also will wiring in a led to indicate when the unit is on affect battery life much?

yes the drive, treble and precense were backward, the precense can not be mount on the board so just wire it up reverse.

the unity draw aprox 22mA a led can draw 20ma more ( it depend of how many light you want. )

40mA is still healthy. some delays draw 150mA

:grin: I got this completed except for an enclosure. Sounds good to me, makes my rogue bass sound much better, i mean much better. I am not getting much response out of the treble, but i will have to track that down tommorrow. I didn't have any problems with it not passing audio as described earlier in the topic. This is a great preamp, and cheap to build for anyone looking to build this.

thanx for the report, what IC did you use?
so with the blend at clean and the level at max there is not problem?
I will begin it next week.
with some thin jacks you can mount it on a hammond 1590BB a friend of mine did it.

I did run into the problem with the blend last night. I used ti tl072s and 74s. The sound it great. I do plan on testing different opamps. I will tell you this if you do not get the grounding right it will sound horrible. All is well with the unit except for the blend level problem.

that problem is turn me crazy... I have a similar issue on the amek2500 eq project. I`ve reading the TI book "op amp for everyone", I suspect that at some point there is not current on the inputs from + to - on the op amp. it is a small issue on the bassdriver and a small R on one pot fix the problem but I want to know why.

http://www.geocities.com/sansampbass/sounds.html

here is a manual, some sound samples and presets.

Rafael

Back