• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

For Sale (PAIR) Lawo v976/16, w/ Monitora 5108 controller modules.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am looking to sell a *pair* of LAWO v976/16 mic/line preamplifiers *with* Monitora control modules: $800 USD for the pair.

The odds are that you have already heard of their classic (and much-coveted) older brother, the Neumann v476.

LAWO manufactured a few different revisions of the v976 during the 1980s, for use in the German broadcasting industry. These particular modules are eurocard format and are controlled via separate (danner format) Monitora modules. I will include these with the purchase (2x 5108, 1x 311/11c).

The 5108 control modules are the most sought after and actually quite difficult to come by in this neck of the woods!!

The preamps were manufactured to professional specifications and are *extremely* well equipped. According to my research these bad boys are capable of up to 79dB of gain. They also feature built-in high-pass filters (which can be set to 40, 80, or 140 Hz respectively), in addition to 48v phantom power.

According to the third party descriptions that I have read, these are sonically similar to the v476 but slightly cleaner and less noisy the o.g.

I purchased them last year from somebody in Germany who claimed that they are tested and fully functioning. With that said, I haven't tested them, personally, so I am listing them AS IS.

The schematics/pin-outs are included and will be provided upon purchase.

I am located in Melbourne, Australia, but happy to post anywhere in the world at buyer’s expense :)

Feel free to send me a PM if you have any questions!

Attachments

• IMG_9797.jpeg
    IMG_9797.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9793.jpeg
    IMG_9793.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
Back