PCM 70 no wet output

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geezbill

I've done the usual things resetting unit, replaced battery, I changed the compataror LM211P. reseated memory, DAC, etc. All electrolytics new and voltages correct. I get no audio when wet is set to 100%. The service manual states to run a signal generator and check signal from TP7. I have scoured the mainboard many times and cannot find a TP7 anywhere. TP2 and TP13 both have no output. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    185.4 KB · Views: 0
  • LEXICON-PCM-70-Shematic-Diagram.pdf
    15.3 MB · Views: 2
I have been working on a PCM70 with the same problem. I have spent a lot of time on it. I did find a one byte error on one of the proms, but that did not fix it. I have concluded it is the CMU chip, which is unobtainable. I have yet to absolutely verify that, but I am pretty sure. Does anyone know what circuitry is in the CMU?

I have been working on a PCM70 with the same problem. I have spent a lot of time on it. I did find a one byte error on one of the proms, but that did not fix it. I have concluded it is the CMU chip, which is unobtainable. I have yet to absolutely verify that, but I am pretty sure. Does anyone know what circuitry is in the CMU?
you wouldn't happen to know the location of TP7 on the board?

Most of the test points are on the left hand side, study the schematic and look close to the ics by TP7.
believe me i looked multiple times even with a magnifier. i think TP7 doesn't exist on my board. i swapped around all the DRAM chips and on startup briefly get a wet signal then it goes away. I might order new DRAMs

this board has some tantulum caps i think i'm going to replace them with electolytics. 35 year old tantulums might go bad

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    24.8 KB · Views: 1
replaced the drams, the AD converter, the comparator, replaced the Z80's , replaced the WCS rams. all caps replaced, replaced firmware chips to 3.0 . . unit still has no wet output. fml

Latest posts

Back