Peavey AMR 1600 Master Stereo out, Left channel not working

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fisher

Good evening.
I should start by saying I am extremely new to the world of pro audio. I picked this board up for $250 on marketplace, and while it is WAY more channels than my band will probably ever need, the price was right and I saw it as a challenge to level up my pro audio experience. I understand electronics at a basic level, and analyzing this board has only furthered my knowledge. I have read up on the OM of this board and I (think I) understand how the signal flow works on this board. I get output well on (most) of the 32 channels after a good cleaning (DeoxIT on scratchy pots as well as a good surface cleaning of the board), but when I pan the output of any channel to the left, I get no sound. Whenever I put up the left master fader, and the right down all the way, I get nothing. When I have the right fader up, I get output. Is this user error? Am I an idiot? I am considering taking out the master module and testing all of the components on both of the one side PCB's, but I want to get some input first and see if I am just doing something wrong. When I send a channel to all of the 16 buses on the right, and push the sub button on each to send them to the master out, I can get left output, but if only one of the buses is sending, you won't hear any sound. Additionally, the output when I do this only can be heard when your input is louder (comparable to that of a gate).

That being said, I have read up a good bit on maintenance of this board, and I read something saying that the old ribbon cables wearing out could be an issue. If I have to replace some components of this board, I will and know not to heat it up too much as to not lift the pads (according to some other threads here). I am hoping for an appearance of a unicorn that supposedly roams these parts (JohnRoberts 🦄), but all responses are welcome of course :giggle:.

Thanks in advance 🤙

Latest posts

Back