Peavey AMR 1600 Master Stereo out, Left channel not working

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fisher

Good evening.
I should start by saying I am extremely new to the world of pro audio. I picked this board up for $250 on marketplace, and while it is WAY more channels than my band will probably ever need, the price was right and I saw it as a challenge to level up my pro audio experience. I understand electronics at a basic level, and analyzing this board has only furthered my knowledge. I have read up on the OM of this board and I (think I) understand how the signal flow works on this board. I get output well on (most) of the 32 channels after a good cleaning (DeoxIT on scratchy pots as well as a good surface cleaning of the board), but when I pan the output of any channel to the left, I get no sound. Whenever I put up the left master fader, and the right down all the way, I get nothing. When I have the right fader up, I get output. Is this user error? Am I an idiot? I am considering taking out the master module and testing all of the components on both of the one side PCB's, but I want to get some input first and see if I am just doing something wrong. When I send a channel to all of the 16 buses on the right, and push the sub button on each to send them to the master out, I can get left output, but if only one of the buses is sending, you won't hear any sound. Additionally, the output when I do this only can be heard when your input is louder (comparable to that of a gate).

That being said, I have read up a good bit on maintenance of this board, and I read something saying that the old ribbon cables wearing out could be an issue. If I have to replace some components of this board, I will and know not to heat it up too much as to not lift the pads (according to some other threads here). I am hoping for an appearance of a unicorn that supposedly roams these parts (JohnRoberts 🦄), but all responses are welcome of course :giggle:.

Thanks in advance 🤙

It could be something with the pan pot or even the ribbon cables since those can wear out over time. If you’re comfortable with it, checking the connections on the left side PCB might help figure out where the signal is dropping. Don’t stress too much

Latest posts

Back