Peavey VC/L2 schematic / calibration info

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkurzweg

Does anybody have a schematic for the Peavey VC/L2 or a guide/info on calibration?
So far the links I’ve found online for tech info are all expired etc.
I recently acquired one on Reverb and while it works/sounds quite good (especially on vocals and acoustic guitar) , the threshold ballistics are very different between the 2 channels, not to mention unity gain with no compression is with the gain almost off (7 o’clock) —which may be correct for this unit but seems odd to me, especially after years of using CL1bs and LA2a’s.
I've also noticed a low-end roll-off starting around 800hz and ending up 5db down at 100 hz and 10db down at 50hz --Again, this may be normal --it certainly doesn't sound thin --- but this is my first experience with this unit.
Thanks.

The VCL/2 is a different animal than the valverb.

As I recall there was some variation between channels, it was essentially a dual mono unit, not a dedicated stereo unit. Some customers wanted a stereo link capability. We looked into that on the bench, but it did not deliver tight tracking, so stereo image could wander.

Caveat: I didn't have much to do with the physical design, but I contributed to feature set and overall design brief (decades ago).

JR

Do you (or anyone else) know how to calibrate the unit (especially the threshold)--- or if there is any documentation about calibration anywhere? Thanks again.

... Is the only trimmer in there for the meter?vr103?
JR was around when that thing was in production . Maybe he'll have some insight. Or some other members here that have one.

and there he is...

Latest posts

Back