phantom V from heathers or B+ opinions?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting thread.  What about the situation with a pre-packaged 48V "block", such as a Power-One, International Power, etc. open frame linear PSU?  I know that Amek used those in their mps-15 PSU boxes, but with apparently no phantom noise (or Phantom Menace...lol).

I will have to check check back through some old schematics, but IIRC, Amek tied the 0V line from the International Power 48V module to the audio 0V lead(s) that ran from the PSU to the desk on the 9098 series.

Bri

Brian Roth said:
Interesting thread.  What about the situation with a pre-packaged 48V "block", such as a Power-One, International Power, etc. open frame linear PSU?  I know that Amek used those in their mps-15 PSU boxes, but with apparently no phantom noise (or Phantom Menace...lol).

I will have to check check back through some old schematics, but IIRC, Amek tied the 0V line from the International Power 48V module to the audio 0V lead(s) that ran from the PSU to the desk on the 9098 series.

Bri
It's not very different from the situation of a 500 rack, where there is only one 0v line going from the PSU to the rack and then to the modules. Provided the rails are clean enough and properly decoupled at the service point, the common mode interference should be benign.

Back