Pic

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Holger

GDIY Supporter
Sorry, couldn't resist. People like glamour shots, right?

OTC%20BLACK scaled.jpg

Holger that is outstanding!  I love the minimal look in combination with the old school meters.  I may have to take some, erm, inspiration from your case designs!

That´s the difference between techs and artists. Give him a few lessons in playing the piano and I´m shure you´ll make him to give up as well. Holger, beautiful build, fantastic shot!!
regards
Bernd

Holger,

As always an excellent built! FP Design is spot on!
I like the brushed aluminium frontpanel...

Are those the round nuts from OKW to fasten the Pots???

Regards,

Christian

Gentlemen, thanks for liking.
Gemini86, the meters are a bit different regarding the VU scale printing and the screws. Fraternal twins...
Christian, there are no round nuts... it's just an illusion :) But a nice hint, thanks.

I've already posted a (crappy) photo of the compressor in February in the D-AOC thread which gained not so much feed back.
So it's all about the presentation.
The photo was a byproduct of a film session, I'll post a small movie once it is edited.

Hey Holger, what kind of rotary switches did you use for the controls like bypass and stereo link?  Just Lorlins or something posher? 

And did you just use a simple two deck switch to have the bypass LED and power LED, or did you do something cleverer (relay?)

Cheers

Rob

Thanks!  Even a Lorlin for the power switch?  I wasn't aware that they did a mains rated rotary switch, though apparently they do...

Haha yeah I'd spotted that too. I guess that's pretty underrated for this project, but if it's working OK for you so far it could be OK....

Cheers!

Rob

There is RMS1035 Lorlin mains switch rated at 4A
http://uk.farnell.com/lorlin/rms1035/rotary-switch-dpst-solder-terminal/dp/1360552

Unfortunately those are single throw only so they can't be used to break live and neutral at the same time when used as a power switch...

Latest posts

Back