Pics: SSL compressor... under construction

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

owel

My SSL compressor, still under construction. Haven't finished wiring the insides yet... but the case is finished, yeay!

sslrack.jpg

sslrack2.jpg

The meter is 1ma FSD, about 2-1/2" wide, 5/8" high, with flat metal bezel.
meter.jpg

The knobs are combinations of these 2 kinds.
knobs.jpg

knobs2.jpg

[quote author="Svart"]what's that underneath? :grin:

good job![/quote]

That's a racked Sony MXP-3036 Mic Pre and EQ channel strip.

Nice work

The large knobs on the ssl gives it a bit of the Disstressor look.

I'm not a fan of the handles on 1 RU cases but they do offer a degree of protection to things like meters ... I like the meter and it seems to have a mounting bezel ... is there a light with this meter ??

two toggle switches ?? is the red square just a light or is it also a switch ??

No built-in light on the meter... but it's clear case extends inside so I can tape an LED inside the case and it will shine through.

>two toggle switches ?? is the red square just a light or is it also a switch ??

The red square is a switch with a built-in light. It will be my "bypass" switch.

To the right of the red square is a power LED, then the power switch.

[quote author="owel"]Haven't finished wiring the insides yet... but the case is finished, yeay![/quote]
So the hard part is done :green:

The meter is 1ma FSD, about 2-1/2" wide, 5/8" high, with flat metal bezel.
meter.jpg
I have one of those meters, but no mounting hardware. Can you get that somewhere?

Best regards,

Mikkel C. Simonsen

I found the meters with their bezel. The bolt is part of the bezel.

You can always use a 1/8" nut and bolt, but the bezel is nice because it hides the bolt head.

Finally finished wiring this puppy.

buildfinal.jpg

SUCCESS!
Works the first time I plugged it. No noise, No Hum! Even without modifications to the PCB. Tested both channels with stereo material... really sounds nice.

This baby could really fatten up the sound by increasing the bass and drums. High frequencies sound a little attenuated to my ears... gradual roll off?

Right now, I'm testing it with 600:600 transformers in the output via alligator clips. I like it... I think I will add them later.

Latest posts

Back