Possible K47 capsule?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@kingkorg spent money, time, put a lot of work into measuring many types of capsules, including cheap ones.
IIRC, if needed for experiments something cheap, (which has more pronounced mids, but still has the character of k47) he recommended

https://a.aliexpress.com/_ExgrqtV

I ordered two of those to try out, just this morning.

I don’t think anybody really expects the Chinese stuff to sound exactly like the original, but a Chinese K47 is still closer to a real K47 - which are all over the place, in any case - than a Chinese K67 is.

The single-diaphragm versions *might* be looser in QC than the double-sided ones, since matching is of some consequence.

As you say, @kingkorg took the time to compare the various iterations. There is a considerable benefit in taking advantage of such efforts, so generously shared.

I ordered two of those to try out, just this morning.

I don’t think anybody really expects the Chinese stuff to sound exactly like the original, but a Chinese K47 is still closer to a real K47 - which are all over the place, in any case - than a Chinese K67 is.

The single-diaphragm versions *might* be looser in QC than the double-sided ones, since matching is of some consequence.

As you say, @kingkorg took the time to compare the various iterations. There is a considerable benefit in taking advantage of such efforts, so generously shared.
These chinese k47, even though not accurate, because they use the correct acoustic principle, and construction, are still in the same family, and will give that sound. Excess boost can be corrected with an EQ. It's not like you're trying to EQ k67 to sound like a k47.

There are obviously sources where this boost can be flattering.

K67 is in a way easier to screw up because the error can be in the time domain, and EQ can't fix it.

It's not that i recommended those capsules, it's just that i can't find anything particularly wrong with them besides that boost. As i can measure them, it's easy to correct for that error. Some had issues with these, like particles stuck underneath, and collapsed, damaged diaphragms.

It's not that i recommended those capsules, it's just that i can't find anything particularly wrong with them besides that boost. As i can measure them, it's easy to correct for that error. Some had issues with these, like particles stuck underneath, and collapsed, damaged diaphragms.

I had some from the group buy which had the problem with the particles. Part of my reason for buying these now is to see what, if any, difference in quality may have evolved in the several years hence.

Last edited:
How close the actual frequency response is (or isn't) to the original though, is a whole different thing...
I find this K47 (and CK12 types for that matter) capsules are absolutely better made than the RK87 capsules. Better consistency for sure, I had one RK87 although cheaper arrived with overtorqued diaphragm on one side which I managed to fix by slightly loosening one screw

But, paying more for consistency AND less of the high end hump is a win win for me

Back