• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Post New Ebay Items Here (No Ebay Stores)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"This module is based on my experience in designing phase linear amplifiers for condenser microphones." - sounds slightly fishy, dosen't it?

/Jakob E.

"This module is based on my experience in designing phase linear amplifiers for condenser microphones." - sounds slightly fishy, dosen't it?

/Jakob E.
What do you mean? The CM-1XP module is actually phase-linear. See the open loop "ph" graph.

1636142217694.png

Last edited:
..sorry, didn't realize it was your sale - only reacted because I'm slightly allergic to sales speak. And I don't see how it's more phase linear than anything else minimum-phase - or why that would matter?

And I don't see how it's more phase linear than anything else minimum-phase - or why that would matter?
Jakob, microphones must be compared with the capsule assembly, since different capsules have different phase distortions. And minimizing phase distortion is important because a person perceives them much more strongly than nonlinear distortions, for example.
This is due to the fact that the human brain estimates the position of the sound source in space by assessing the phase of the signal.
It just needs to be heard once. :) One person was so impressed that he left this funny feedback:
04.png

Latest posts

Back