Post office lost my MIC

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abecedarian

I sent a mic in for repair.  I paid for shipping insurance but no tracking. I actually asked for tracking but when I received my receipt I didn't check to verify the attendant had done it.  The shipping cost was close to a hundred bucks so I assumed tracking was paid for.  So, its been a week and they haven't received it.  I have my insurance ticket/receipt but I threw away the regular receipt the post office gave me.  I figured I didn't need it if I kept the insurance proof receipt.  I should have kept the other receipt too because I asked for two to three day delivery.  Now I don't know if the package is lost or still en route because I'm not certain what type of delivery was purchased = express or regular.  This is all my fault.  I was in a rush and I wasn't paying attention to details.

Has anyone here made a claim with the post office due to a lost package or had experience to share?  I'm wondering what I should expect.  I tried looking up the tracking number on my shipping insurance receipt but their website says I have to go in person to "may"be be able to retrieve the delivery confirmation.

:-\

packages into the us are notorious slow these days. customs expedition of 3-4weeks is not uncommon at all - and in this time the pacel is untraceable..

First off, they'll probably make you wait two weeks after ship date to start an investigation/make a claim.  I think anything insured for over 50 bucks has a barcode attached, so that should work for tracking.  Expect a hassle.  No shipper ever wants to pay out on a sizable claim (which I'm guessing this would be.)  Judging from my recent USPS experiences, you're probably more likely(with used items) to get your claim paid if it's lost than if it's damaged. 

I hope it turns up safe & sound & you don't have to hassle with all this.

Even Florida to Georgia Priority Mail they say 2-3 days but no guarentee....

Coast to coast same thing... I've had priority mail packages take up to 2 weeks to arrive.

Wait, it will arrive.... All my late packages did arrive.

Making a claim is a very long process and at the end it will be turned down unless you fight it..
2 of the 3 claims I have filed were turned down...

Plus in the long run you are one of the many not happy with the post office running there ship

Steve @ Apex Jr.

if it was in a box and was usps, it should have a tracking number of some sorts... give it a few more days. I have had parts orders that were supposed to be over night before that were not and part orders that were standard ground shipping show up faster. good things come to those who wait...

Has anyone here made a claim with the post office due to a lost package or had experience to share?

Making a claim is a very long process and at the end it will be turned down unless you fight it..
2 of the 3 claims I have filed were turned down...

USPS lost a package of mine going outside the US.  I  got the runaround, and everytime I call them to follow up on my case#, it's like talking to a wall. Each time I call, they can't find my previous case#... it's not in their system, etc... excuses, excuses. I had to explain everything again.  I told them, the last guy I talked to typed everything in the computer... "but I don't see it, sir. how can I help you?"

At last, after several months, I got a letter from them. It's just a stupid form to fill out, so I re-explain everything again but this time in writing... I filled it out, and mailed it back... and never heard back from them. I waited several months. Nothing. Not even a confirmation letter.

Until one day, I got a check in the mail from them for the value of the lost package.

Time Duration: ONE YEAR!  Freaking one year!

okgb said:
right or wrong  stay on them like a broken record
non judgmental but as factual as possible
good luck

Yes true, i had a package sent from family in US to me, the package arrived safely in France after 10 days but at the customs, from there it took 2 weeks for the customs to write me a letter to inform me of that and they needed exact proof of what's in the package, so i give them what they ask for by email, no phone or a service to reach, Fax or email that's all  :eek:, and i gotta say they were really not helping at all, said to me i give faulse infos etc... wich was not true, again no news for 2 weeks, so i just write one hell of a letter that i fax them, and suddenly 2 days after the package is in my hands, all in all a month and a half has passed, terrible.....
So as oKgb said stick to them like a mosquito...

The post office has paid the few claims I've ever made, but all have been right at one year to settle, from date of shipment.  This includes packages that they admitted destroying. 

Back