Pots and Resistors for Expression Pedal?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimJhn

Hi!

I am making an active Volume Pedal.

What I want to do is put together a stomp-box enclosure with the active circuit that I can put on my pedalboard, and put a TRS jack in it so I can plug in a remote expression pedal to control volume.

I prefer an expression pedal as I like linear taper, not audio, for what I'm doing.

The circuit I am buying (pre-built) assumes a 25k pot (it's a mod kit for passive volume pedals).

Pretty much all of the expression pedals out there are 10k. There are a very few 25k, but they are really expensive.

I don't want to get into modding a pedal with a different pot.

Is there some way with (resistors?) I can insert something in the path to use a commercial expression-pedal (10k pot) with this circuit?

Thanks!

Hi!

I am making an active Volume Pedal.

What I want to do is put together a stomp-box enclosure with the active circuit that I can put on my pedalboard, and put a TRS jack in it so I can plug in a remote expression pedal to control volume.

I prefer an expression pedal as I like linear taper, not audio, for what I'm doing.

The circuit I am buying (pre-built) assumes a 25k pot (it's a mod kit for passive volume pedals).

Pretty much all of the expression pedals out there are 10k. There are a very few 25k, but they are really expensive.

I don't want to get into modding a pedal with a different pot.

Is there some way with (resistors?) I can insert something in the path to use a commercial expression-pedal (10k pot) with this circuit?

Thanks!
If you don't post a schematic to the circuit it will be extremely difficult to give you an answer. You don't even mention which kit you bought. Your post is very vague and you leave to the imagination everything to us.

Hi thanks!

Actually the company got back to me and 10k is fine, so problem solved!

Latest posts

Back