• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

PRICE DROP! FS: Two CAPI VP312s $450/Pair

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samguaiana

EDIT: Some people have messaged me with concerns and price issues, etc. and while I got a few mean messages, I did get a few others misunderstanding me a bit. While these builds have sloppily placed pots, they are fully working sans the blown capacitor. Even the one with the blown cap still passes audio. All the traces are solid, and all the resistors are in the right spot, properly installed. Either way, I've decided to drop the price.

I'm selling two CAPI VP312s. They both need a tad bit of love though, hence the cheap price. Both have stepped inputs.

Here's the story. I bought the kits and had a friend build these for me. He was a bit sloppy though. Nothing unfixable, just a bummer he didn't pay more attention. The bigger bummer is I should have just built them myself. One of them has a blown capacitor, pictured below.

Both have a bit of sloppy placement of parts, nothing that can't be fixed with a bit of time. Both have the op amp soldered in on one pin (bummer as well, I know). If a DIYer gives these babies an hour of love, they're gonna have some sweet 312 clones on their hands. Honestly, I'd keep them, but I now have a bunch of 500 pres and I'm really into the Neve sound at the end of the day.

$450 US for the pair plus shipping. PayPal only. Local pickup in Toronto works too! My loss can be your makeup gain.

Attachments

• CAPI 1.jpg
    CAPI 1.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 71
Hi are these wired for 500 (15v) or 51x (24 v)? What opamps are these? No capi faceplates?

They're 500 series 16V. I can't remember at the moment, but I believe they're Red Dots, I'll double check.
I didn't get printed faceplates because I had the lofty goals of painting and screening my own custom designs on them.

sorry to hear about your build woes.

I also live in toronto, and would happy to help you fix them up for you (no charge), if you decide to keep them.

PM if interested

EDIT Mar 30:  I see with the new lowered price, that you are only looking to sell them.  Best wishes.

Latest posts

Back