Printable mic input transformer mount

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grid_stopper

I have never had a totally satisfying way of mounting the round can style mic input transformers, so I made this up in fusion. They print up very quick, and just use m3 screws+ 4x 4mm M3 threaded inserts. It also has the benefit of allowing you to freely rotate the transformer for best noise rejection.

hopefully this is of use to someone, somewhere.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6542363

Attachments

• IMG_2771.png
    IMG_2771.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2770.png
    IMG_2770.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 1
I have always seen them refered to as threaded inserts. they are super helpful for 3d prints with multiple parts that need to be bolted together. previously i would use captive nuts in my designs, but the threaded inserts have been far sturdier.

these are the ones i used for this print, specifically
Thanks for the link. Strange website but some interesting products. I could not find where they are located.

Cheers

Ian

A capacitor mounting clip works well with round can transformers ,
you can always add a layer of insulation if you dont want the transformer can grounded directly to chassis at that point .

Thanks for the link. Strange website but some interesting products. I could not find where they are located.

Cheers

Ian
i actually always get them locally, at my electronics shop, or off amazon when their out of stock. the temu one was just the first link that shipped outside of canada, where i am on. im sure your localized version of amazon would have similar options!

Latest posts

Back