PRR Varimu Mod

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have PRR varimu, but un-linking stereo unit into dual mode isn't that hard i think. Just disconect the link. ???

Yeah +1 for someone to upload the schematic again!

Does anybody have an example of where the interstage transformer is going? I think after the plate stage correct? Bluebird used a 15k:600 tx if I'm not mistaken.

I haven't seen an update BOM on this thing for a while.

Any takers??

Peace
Illumination

Hi illacov

I'm up for it.

Some of us got some boards from Dinesh recently and have created the following build thread:
http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=33625.0

I, myself, am very interested in bluebird's mods and schematics but can't really find them. I am currently working on building 2 of these babies and am trying to develop an input/output stage. I am trying to make this things rock and am thinking of using a better tube just like some have done. I am wondering which tube to use and also which transformer to use. I heard bluebird got a good sound with less distortion at high GR using a 15k:600 tx. Not sure how he did it (I'm new to all this) and wouldn't mind seeing he's schematic as well.

I would definitely be interested in developing a BOM and also working together with everyone on improving this comp: balanced input/output, input drive, output gain, ect...

What do you guys think?

J

Back