PSU recreation issue

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1wildthing

Hi guys, I've attemped to recreate the SA-3A PSU section in a new board.
I've replicated the original scematic in Kicad and then I made the PCB.
Everything seemed good to me but the reality is that something went wrong as the board doesn't work. Each time I turn the switch on the fuse burns.
I've compared schematics thousand times without finding any difference and even the components in the board seemed to be in the right place.
Being that I'm bagging for your help.
This is the original schematic:
ORIGINAL SCHEMATIC.png
and this is my recreation:

SCHEMATIC RECREATION.png
Differently from the original I've inserted 2 output voltage ports but I don't think this could be a problem.

Finally my pcb:
PCB LAYOUT.png
Does anybody see where the problem is?

I really hope you could help me 🥺

Attachments

• SCHEMATIC RECREATION.png
    SCHEMATIC RECREATION.png
    138.3 KB · Views: 1
First of all, this is a POWER supply, right? What exactly are those 0.4mm traces supposed to be doing, all over the place?

Second, is the fuse on the mains side of the transformer? Does it still blow if you disconnect the board from the transformer?

Third, have you run any "design rule check" on the board? Some of those traces look like they run awfully close to pads they should have no connection to.

Any photos of the actual physical circuit you can show us?

There is also a trace that appears to touch the pads for +28, +36, and DC pins.
Basically need to throw away the existing layout and start over with some reasonable design rules. The tools will help you if you setup the routing rules correctly.

It looks like you have a bottom pour connected to the GND net (as there are thermal reliefs to the ground connection(s)), however it looks like you also ran traces on the bottom for the GND net. Once you have a pour, and assign it, then the pour will make all of the connections will be made for you.

Back