pultec distortion between 3khz and 1khz

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skal1

hi

i want too clear up some problems i am having  with my pultec eq

1}why is my pultec distorting between 3khz and 1khz with max boast and max bandwidth with or without inductor in cicuit.

2}could it be the neve output amp distorting  or the level into the filter section to high

any help would be helpful

regards

skal1

skal1 said:
hi

i want too clear up some problems i am having  with my pultec eq

1}why is my pultec distorting between 3khz and 1khz with max boast and max bandwidth with or without inductor in cicuit.

2}could it be the neve output amp distorting  or the level into the filter section to high

any help would be helpful

regards

skal1

Don't know enough about the Pultec to answer Q1 but re question 2 why not just bypass the passive section to check if the output amp is clean.  You will need to set up a gain loss to match the passive section - from memory I think it's 26dB.  A simple Pad should so that for you.

Cheers,
Ruairi

ok just check  the solder joints of the caps and resoldered  them .  also checked  the amp ,it was set a bit to high but its ok now but i am still getting same problem..

regards

skal1

Hi guys

got 1 more problem  i have just added  a xsm 600/10k to the pultec input and the response in the q section is not working what could this be it works ok without transformer in the link , could it be some kind of miss mtch i do not know help please..

regards

skal1

Back