Pultec switch threaded nut and washer replacements?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

albertors

Hello everyone,
trivial but vital issue: I had some original Pultec switches that were missing some parts: the rubber "handle", the nut and the washer.

I thought I would order two of them from an online reseller, pretty famous in Germany..and got two of them..but they are missing the washer and nuts. BOTH of them.

So while all is good for the small black rubber "handle", I am still without nut and washer so I can't securely attach them to the front panel.

Does anyone know if:
1) is this supposed to happen? As in..they're missing by default? (see pic)
2) where could I get a similarly threaded round nut? Looked at all Bauhaus and OBIs but couldn't find one that fits.

"Email the reseller" = done and no reply in weeks. Sad face on.

Thanks again, sorry if this seems trivial ;)

The Switchcraft "Telelver" switch was normally supplied with a hex locknut and "non-turn" washer.
Gene or Ollie would grind off the "nub" on the non-turn piece and use it as a flat washer under the nut.
The black handle/knob is stocked at Mouser:  #502-M10662.
There is at least one luthier on ebay selling flat washers with knurled lock nuts. 
Not exactly original but elegant.

Original seems to be practically this:
http://www.digikey.de/product-detail/en/nkk-switches/AT050/AT050-ND/1050301?cur=EUR&lang=en

But I can't for the life of me find one available. Hex versions are available (already ordered) but was curious to provide this thread with a "where to get it in Europe" but for now I am stuck..

Back