Pye Compressor on Horse With No Name?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CJ

GDIY Supporter
I was listening to isolated tracks of America's Horse With No Name , sounded interesting, wondered if it was a Pye, sounds kind of like Cat Stevens,

looked up the track, sure enough, Morgan Studio had a couple of Pye's and a couple of 1176,

Does this sound like a Pye?
What's with the phase artifacts? Maybe some flanging from multi tracking.

I wonder, is that an actual multitrack, or is it some kind of Frankenstein that's been created, maybe using Melodyne DNA?
Anyone here, have the experience with Melodyne to know if that is a possibility?

I was listening to isolated tracks of America's Horse With No Name , sounded interesting, wondered if it was a Pye, sounds kind of like Cat Stevens,

looked up the track, sure enough, Morgan Studio had a couple of Pye's and a couple of 1176,

Does this sound like a Pye?
What's with the phase artifacts? Maybe some flanging from multi tracking.

This is great and I'd like to know as well. This recording stood out to me even as little kid. I've read they used c12a on the guits, but don't recall hearing about the compressor

It dies sound like there are some artifacts from the isolation software but the original recording sounds like there us some magic compression going on.

Latest posts

Back