Quad-Eight Modules

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tubemooley

I just obtained a 3U rack box with two Quad-Eight CN28 combining network modules and two Quad-Eight OA24 discrete opamp modules. This box also has eight Electrodyne 600:600 input transformers and four Jensen 10kB bridging input trannies. All the trannies are wired to the CN's and the CN's and OA's are wired to unbalanced output connectors. I haven't fully opened the box yet to look closely at the wiring but what I can see was done very neatly. I'm going to put together a +/-28vdc power supply for this box. It's already got a jack to receive the power.

I know that Ken Hirsch over at Orphan / Quad-Eight probably has (or does have) all sorts of documents for the Quad-Eight stuff. And I know that he's a good guy but I prefer to avoid paying for doc's if I can avoid it.

Does anyone have the pinouts or datasheet for the CN28 and OA24 modules? I can decode this stuff if I have to but it's much easier with the documents instead. I think the CN28's can receive either 8 or 12 inputs. The way this box is wired, I think I can use it without too much re-wiring although I can do any of that if I choose to.

I already have two killer summing mixers but we like to have different flavors in the studio when mixing. These QE's are the bomb. If I need to, I already have two QE CA-137 line amp cards each with the big fat QEE output transformers. I can use these to buffer the unbalanced outputs to balanced if necessary.

Anyways, I'm quite insane and I have way too much gear than should be legal. My friends keep telling me to stop breaking the pills in half.

If anyone has any of these Quad-Eight documents which they would like to share, that would be great. Thanks, DW.

breakme off a bit of that kit cat bar.

do you live near the salton sea?

q 8

there is q8 by the billions in the archives.
we know everything.

i know the xfmr, thnks to soundguy.

its those frikin metal can transistors, without thosae, you aint got shit...

breakme off a bit of that kit cat bar.
WHAT'S YOUR MAILING ADDRESS?

do you live near the salton sea?
NO.

q 8.
EEDLEY. OODLEY. DOODLEY.

there is q8 by the billions in the archives.
WHICH ARCHIVES? WHO'S ARCHIVES?

we know everything.
WHO IS WE? HOW DO I CONTACT WE?

THANKS, DANA.

Back