Question about Apogee Symphony PSU

Help Support GroupDIY:

Khron

iomegaman said:
in spite of knowing they are ripping us off our bias and vanity runs past our logic units warning system.

... And nowhere(?) is that more visible (if not also egregious) than in the audio world... In so many ways.

iomegaman

Khron said:
... And nowhere(?) is that more visible (if not also egregious) than in the audio world... In so many ways.

So true...I've done many "listening tests" to see how well I could determine the difference between converters/DAWs/Sample rates/Etc...at the end of the day I've decided I simply cannot hear what others are hearing which is unusual because I can actually hear my coffee thermos in another room venting gas at the end of a day, in spite of other room noises etc...that whispy "spssssss" when room temperature and internal temperature equalise and the last bit of difference escapes from the seal...I can hear a dripping sink at the other end of the house...often I am woken up by some faint but unusual sound...things out of the normal sound environment I can almost always hear.

I do know I hear nothing above 13kHz...nada...and I always hear around 12.6 khz as tinnitus in my right ear unless I am next to the ocean...constant high pitched buzzing...but the difference between my Apogee and Avid? Not an ounce...even the Midas on my Behringer ADAT only sounds slightly different and it cost 10x LESS than the other ADDA's..

Vanity is a bonfire in the  pocketbook.

Latest posts