Questions reguarding the 1108 kit.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmy74

I have read through the topic that is dedicated to this kit but can't find exact replies to my questions:

- Is an output transformer needed for this kit?
- Which transformer(s) is/are needed? Where in Europe would I be able to find it/them?
- Does the phantom board supply power also to the 1108 board or is it only for the phantom 48v?

thanks
J.

hello,

1- Yes, it has a special feedback winding that completes the circuit.

2- You can probably make a lot of input transformers work, but the output should be an original UA-50002 or the [urlhttp://www.hairballaudio.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=24&products_id=36]ed anderson 5002[/url].

3-I don't know specifically which phantom board you are talking about... but mnats does sell a multi-voltage board that would supply phantom and power for the board.

I know it's cluttered, but it's important to keep questions about specific project in their dedicated thread.

Thanks for the information, and yes I am talking about Mnats Phantom board. So from what I understand I need a CMMI-7C power transformer, would that handle the 230vAC European mains voltage?

I know I should stick to the dedicated thread, once I start building it and if I have some ? to ask I will definitely post there.

thanks
J.

So what I need for this kit are the following transformers:

- 15VA Dual Power transformer (25+25)
- CMMI-7C(2511) input transformer
- EA5002 Output transformer

thanks
J.

Back