R.I.P. Leslie Watts

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marik

Just saw on FB Leslie Watts passed away about a week ago. Over the years we spent hours and hours on the phone discussing ways of improving ribbon and condenser microphones, he helped us to debug our TF10 capsule when I prepared it for release, we discussed his SDC capsules and also his mulftipattern ribbon. It is sad the world will not see this microphone. One of the very few truly knowledgeable microphone designers I knew...
R.I.P.

I truly wondered and hoped things were OK with him; after the past 6-years or so it seemed he was impossible to get in contact with. If I could have afforded it when I first saw his multipattern ribbon mic, I would have instantly snatched-up a pair. I was trying to get a hold of him for his sdc figure-8 capsules and never could get in touch with him to get my hands on them.

So sorry to hear of his passing.

Analog audio transducer experts are few and far between. I remember some good threads on phono cartridges too. RIP

Very sad news. He was a very knowledgeable man.

I'd not heard from him either for about 6 years. Last email I had from him he said: " I'm going to the Bahamas to live on a boat and drink rum" I like to think he got there and enjoyed a tankard or two!

Back