Rack mounting tube chassis

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruffrecords

For making rack mounted tube projects it would be great if you could get a rack mountable chassis complete with ventilation cover. Something like the one used by Culture Vulture (see attached pic).

Anyone know if this sort of thing is available; preferably in Europe.

Cheers

Ian

Attachments

• back26.jpg
    back26.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 69
In the US there are rules about how large holes and slots can be.. UL has a probe they try to poke in and see if they can touch something hot or something HOT.

Perhaps some expanded metal could be cut and bent, but you need to treat the nasty edges.

With the N/C punches you can make nice patterns, nowadays they use laser or high pressure water to cut odd shapes into sheet metal.

JR

We we have the 'standard finger/prodder' in Europe. I know I could get something made but I was hoping for something off the shelf. Hammond do some chassis with bolt on cages but the cages are a bit higher than I would like. They are all 5.2 inches high which, when you add 2.5 inches for the chassis itself is well over 4U high.

Cheers

Ian

Latest posts

Back