Recommend me a good Audio circuit beginner book

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carnesd

So I'm looking for some books on Audio circuit design/theory and wondering what everyone would recommend.  I am mostly still beginner I can follow most basic circuits on easy things like power supplies and such,  but just want to get some more general knowledge of the audio portions of the circuits that I am building.  If anyone knows which books would be geared toward my level that would be a big help.
Thanks in advance.
Dustin C.

Opamp cookbook by jung.  Basic analog opamp design.  Used in  consoles from the late 70s to present as building block circuits.  Simple concepts will help you recognize design in a schematic with some theory.  An old book I don't no if it's still in print.  Also is it called NEETs the navy electronics course on web and downloadable.  Also Audio Encyclopedia by Howard Tremaine
So many choices and only one of many directions.

> Opamp cookbook by jung

After that:

Audio IC Op-Amp Applications by Walter G. Jung

Multiple editions, all scarce.

It was re-printed with different covers but all essentially the same book. Some of the chips in the early edition now look very antiquated; however Walt got good performance and it is interesting to see how.

Back