Recorders anyone ?!?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fluxivity

Sorry to be a lil off topic

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5726402109&indexURL=0&photoDisplayType=2#ebayphotohosting

My wife asks why would anyone want all those tape recorders? While I'm thinking where can I get $20K without her knowing...

There are 2 Bang & Olufsen recorders in the front of the picture. I still have my 2000 from 1969, but the motor need attention and it won't record. It's a shame because it was possible to get an echo bouncing from left to right.
Stephen

[quote author="fluxivity"]
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5726402109&indexURL=0&photoDisplayType=2#ebayphotohosting
[/quote]
I can recycle this contaminated waste.
I can have $27 000 for this job ?
yes.
xvlk

man, all those recorders, not a single nagra! some people have no class! ha!

This got me thinking about what Ive got here, ampex mm1200, mm1100, 440b, scully 280, nagra 4-stc, nagra 4-s, teac 22-2, uher report, some telefunken uher knockoff, then some dats, a fostex pd4, tascam da30, 2 da20s, oh theres also a tascam msr16, forgot about that one.

Until I made that list, it didnt seem like I had a lot of tape machines. I have a problem...

dave

Hello, My name is paul and I have an analog problem. It's been almost 4 years since I sold the studio and "kicked the habit." I've thought about how I could find the room for an MM 16 track 2", but I know that it would just be the first step of a long backslide. I been taking it one day at a time, but the other day on NPR there was a segment on peoples favorite words and I kept thinking "tape recorder" and now this. If it weren't for people in this group I wouldn't have a support system at all...

You guys are all sick! And you know what? I can´t wait to get my Teac 85-16 back from service to turn off those lousy hard-disk drives again.
Its good not to be alone in this cruel 01010101 world.
respect to all analogheads
Jens

Oh - my - goodness. I'm down to 4 R-to-R machines, and there are examples of three of them in that collection. The one thing that looks slightly out of place is that high-speed cassette duplicator...

In the lower left of the photo: see that burgundy Webster-Chicago amplifier just behind the Akai dust cover? That's my first guitar amp! I used mine with a homemade transistor signal booster which was built inside a cigar box. My guitar at the time was a Harmony solidbody from the Sears (?) catalog with koto-like action.

The amp used a Jones socket for its two inputs (Mic and Phono). I used an adaptor with a 1/4" jack wired to the mic input on a Jones plug. The amp used a two-wire AC cord and must have had the nefarious (but sadly common) scheme of tying one side of the AC line to the chassis via a cap, because I remember getting a nasty shock off the amp when putting on a "concert" on my front lawn with some friends.

I don't know what became of my amp; I suspect my old man threw it out after I moved out of the house.

That's Phil Van Pragg's collection, author of self published "Evolution of the Audio Recorder." He gets all goofy over Akai stuff in the book. There's an ATR in there, think it's an 800, and a Studer. I wonder if he's selling *everything* or if it's just a big chunk.

Latest posts

Back