REDD47 p2p - FINISHED

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For anyone interested heres a quick demo I am working on where all the guitars and bass are done through the 2 channel PTP REDD47 into Waves GTR ( Elec Guitars only ) and Harrison Mixbus

I really like this pre !

https://soundcloud.com/pete-coates/so-easy

cheers
Pete

Really nice Pete, built the Orange 86 and it is my favorite pre by far...p2p might be my next version...I only wish there was a way to build these things for touring so that the Trnx wasn't so friggin heavy...want to travel wid it!...

iomegaman said:
Really nice Pete, built the Orange 86 and it is my favorite pre by far...p2p might be my next version...I only wish there was a way to build these things for touring so that the Trnx wasn't so friggin heavy...want to travel wid it!...

I don't think it would be that heavy if you used custom trafo (not overkill as most of them), self made tagboard, psu and one L bracket for the tubes. Most p2p builds i'm seeing here take a lot of space. They could be much smaller, often quieter too by roughly following schematic and building it on diy tagboard. You could easily build 2ch into pretty light 2H rack, or even 4ch into deep 3H rack if planned well. Circuits like this don't have that many components, ime it is all about proper layout and ventilation.

Sorry for a stupid question:
I've done My REDD47 and I want to ad a pad on the output.
I've used Carnhill 15K:600
can I ad a 600 ohm TPAD ( 1176 Stile)?
Last question :
on schematic 6922 have 138v on plate, my 167...
can this be a problem?
Thanks

sorry this is so old now, but maybe check out what this guy did on his....

http://www.preservationsound.com/?p=6334

I used similar approach to output pad - dont know if its the right way to do it ( i.e. for proper impedance matching etc ) but it works well for me in my project studio with the DIY REDDs.

cheers
Pete

Greetings to all.

I have a few questions.

Is it possible to use a ceramic type capacitor C7 (330p) and C8 (680p), or necessarily need a film, etc.? types?

In my preamp R11 (8K2) consists of 4x33K (2W) parallel resistor - in fact it is 8W.
But they are substantially heated and the voltage at the anodes is instead of 136 - 156 volts.
This may be due to a malfunction of the tube itself or resistors?

Hi Pete, did you end up changing the rumble filter values to get a higher cutoff frequency or did you stick with the original ones?

Thanks,

Edmund

Back