• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold CLOSED - Reddish 500 EQ PCBs

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMan

GDIY Supporter
Hello, Everyone!

Boards are currently available for the Reddish 500 EQ project. You can find more information on the development of the project here.

I will be collecting names of those who would like to purchase PCBs from now until April 10, at which point I will collect payment from everyone, including shipping, and proceed with the manufacture of boards. At the moment, I only plan to do one run of boards, so once the window closes, that will be it.

1 set of PCBs (for a single mono channel unit) will be $20 USD.

Buyer pays shipping, the cost of which obviously depends on where you are. I will be shipping from the USA. See this post for a very cursory description of what that might look like.

If you would like to be added to the list for PCBs, please reply to this thread (not the project thread) or send me a PM with the number of sets you would like!

UPDATE 10 April 2024 - Today is the last day to get in an order for pcbs. I will take orders until midnight EDT (GMT-4), at which point I will finalize my list. If you would like to order pcbs and have not yet done so, please post on this thread or send me a PM.

Last edited:
I've added everyone to the list up through mrscary. You'll get a message from me closer to the end of the ordering window to arrange payment and shipping.

The project will come with a BOM, schematic, and some build notes. Most parts are available through Mouser or whichever of the big online retailers you like. Some parts such as the inductors and at least one transformer will need to be ordered from the EU. That is also where the metalwork will be available (from Frank at frontpanels.de). User @nielsk has a separate thread in the black market where he is trying to organize a group buy of some of those things for people in the states in order to save on shipping costs and hopefully get a price break for quantity.

There is also a Frontpanel in the US in Washington state. I use them all the time. Same software so you could give the files and people can order from the US.
https://www.frontpanelexpress.com/
I use the US based company for most of my panels, but if I am needing a wider selection of colors and options, I contact Frank at the German website. He's awesome and very helpful and awesome. And very helpful.

Thanks!

Paul

Regarding Front Panel Express and the issue of cost reduction: Frank typically offers his work at roughly 20% less than FPE. I compared his price to the Front Panel Express estimate, and that is the case here. Even if you were ordering just one channel, this would already make up for the shipping. If you are ordering two or more channels, it will actually be much more cost effective to go with Frank.

I submit the following:

-Frank's work is of the highest quality.
-His pricing is discounted such that the cost difference including international shipping to the US is rendered moot or even beneficial.
-Frank is easy to communicate with and extremely helpful.
-He was the one who created a digital version of my hand-drawn mechanical layout of the L bracket for this project.
-We will need to procure an additional small right angle bracket from him anyway, or put in the additional effort of finding or creating one with the same dimensions.

I'm not trying to knock FPE. I'm only saying that ordering from a company within the US may not actually give us the benefits that we might assume in this case.

Regarding Front Panel Express and the issue of cost reduction: Frank typically offers his work at roughly 20% less than FPE. I compared his price to the Front Panel Express estimate, and that is the case here. Even if you were ordering just one channel, this would already make up for the shipping. If you are ordering two or more channels, it will actually be much more cost effective to go with Frank.

I submit the following:

-His pricing is discounted such that the cost difference including international shipping to the US is rendered moot or even beneficial.
-He was the one who created a digital version of my hand-drawn mechanical layout of the L bracket for this project.
-We will need to procure an additional small right angle bracket from him anyway, or put in the additional effort of finding or creating one with the same dimensions.

I'm not trying to knock FPE. I'm only saying that ordering from a company within the US may not actually give us the benefits that we might assume in this case.
[put in the additional effort of finding or creating one with the same dimensions] -- I kind of get the impression that you do not wish to -- communicate with / respond to -- me, which I suppose is your right. However, with the correct and proper mechanical dimensions, I can also create 3D CAD-models and files for both you and the members of this forum right here "In The Good Ol' U.S. of A."!!! Here are some of my recent examples:

>> I created this entire module design for a "well-known member" located in the UK:

1711905839964.png

>> I created this mechanical detail PCB fabrication drawing for a GroupDIY member in Italy:
1711905503552.png

>> And, I just finished up this 4U rack-panel design for another forum member located in Canada:
1703032025382.png

1711906762027.png
1711906840422.png

>> I am here to help out....................or, ignore!!!

Your call.....

/

I submit the following:

I’d also like to add that Frank will UV print on powder coat, which is something FPE doesn’t offer for some reason. And it’s much easier (and cheaper) to order a panel with a non-stock RAL powder color through Frank. Only benefit for me using FPE in the past is if I needed specific hardware installed that he doesn’t offer, but I think I may have figured out a workaround for that, as well…

Latest posts

Back