Replacement capsule Mojave 201fet VG

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joekkel

GDIY Supporter
Hi there

As the title suggests, im looking for a replacement capsule for a Mojave 201fet VG. A friend killed the capsule with drumbrushes ripping holes in the membrane...

I can't find much infos on the net, website says 1inch, 3 micron, single sided gold sputtered...

I assume it's a k67-style capsule from looking at the pictures. I didn't have the mic in question at hand to look inside yet.

Any infos appreciated.

Best regards, Joachim

Hi there

As the title suggests, im looking for a replacement capsule for a Mojave 201fet VG. A friend killed the capsule with drumbrushes ripping holes in the membrane...

I can't find much infos on the net, website says 1inch, 3 micron, single sided gold sputtered...

I assume it's a k67-style capsule from looking at the pictures. I didn't have the mic in question at hand to look inside yet.

Any infos appreciated.

Best regards, Joachim
It's this one.

https://www.thomannmusic.no/the_tbone_microphone_capsule_sct700.htm?gad_source=1

Having better capsules for a little more like Takstar, 797... why not to try one of theese instead of almost the cheapset aviable?
Yeah, good idea.
I am really interested in how big the differences are. Please post your experiences!

Basically, this microphone has gotten good reviews despite the cheapo capsule. I have never been able to test it in RL but many users were very impressed with the quality. On the other hand, there is always a better...

Could you please share a pic of the mic internals including the capsule itself and the saddle? Not all chinese k67s have the same space between mounting holes

Last edited:
Back