Replacement fan suggestions?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riley Casey

GDIY Supporter
I've been using an Ashly Protea DSP as a crossover for my living room stereo. The fan has always been a bit noisier than I'd like but only when the room was quiet but it's getting noisier with age even after cleaning. Does anyone have a suggestion for a replacement fan that would have similar CFM characteristics but lower operating noise? The unit does run fairly warm as all my Ashlys did when they were out earning a living so running without the fan is likely not a good choice.
Thanks for any suggestions.

Attachments

• IMG_0755.jpeg
    IMG_0755.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0754.jpeg
    IMG_0754.jpeg
    1,002 KB · Views: 0
I recall back last century when one of Peavey's early digital power amps had a fan inside a 1U chassis. That fan sounded like a buzz saw and there were no quieter options back then. good luck...

JR

I've been using an Ashly Protea DSP as a crossover for my living room stereo. The fan has always been a bit noisier than I'd like but only when the room was quiet but it's getting noisier with age even after cleaning. Does anyone have a suggestion for a replacement fan that would have similar CFM characteristics but lower operating noise? The unit does run fairly warm as all my Ashlys did when they were out earning a living so running without the fan is likely not a good choice.
Thanks for any suggestions.
I don't know if they make a solution for you, but I have been happy with the fans I've used from them. "Control room quiet" and effective. They have many different types, but this is just a link to ones I've used.

https://acinfinity.com/quiet-usb-fans/

Back