Reslosound Ribbon Mic Guts - Pics

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kid Squid

Hiya Chaps,

Took some pics of a Reslosound Ribbon Mic, that I repaired for a friend.
The wires joining the ribbon to the the tyransformer, had snapped in the hinged section.

normal_IMG_1093.JPG

normal_IMG_1095.JPG

normal_IMG_1094.JPG

normal_IMG_1097.JPG

can't find rest of the pics, but i thought the 'mic' heads would like a look :wink:

Steve :thumb:

Hello Steve,

good work!
Got 2 Reslo's with no ribbons.
Any idea where to get them or do you have to make them by yourself?

Best regards,

Willem.

Hi Steve,

this is the exact same model I have here...re-ribboned it a while ago but I've had trouble screwing the damn thing back together....as silly as that sounds!

Not had time to go back to it - did you encounter any trouble when screwing the plug with green,yellow and white wires back into the barrel?

My transformer wires are very brittle and old so they keep snapping as I tightnen the two pieces together - any tips?

Cheers Tom

Hiya Tom,
I know what you mean - a little tight getting it back together :wink:

regarding putting everything back together,

cut off old wires on tranny, join new & heatshrink,
screw the metal threaded plug surround back into the body, insert black plastic plug , put screw back in.
sounds straightforward, and I know it sounds like 'teaching granny to suck eggs' but it took me a while to figure it out tho :grin:

also, if i remember rightly, the 'shaver' grilles, are a right pain in the arse.
you got to line up 'interlocking' tags, befor the screw will house itself correctly.
I'll try to find the other photo's, it will all be clear to you then :thumb:

Hope this helps some,

Steve :thumb:

Cheers Steve,

I already tried adding new wire to the trafo with heatshrinked joins, but the old ones still snapped off again, twice! I have about 1cm of old wire left on the TX and a couple of cm of new wire. I even tried popping the little black plug out of the metal ring and poking it through once the tx was in the barrel and soldered in - to no avail.

It should be straight forward but its damn fiddly! Funny though, I have no trouble getting the mike back together otherwise, especially the 'shaver' grills...its just the TX wires that are a prob for me!

Did you put the tx in the barrel, screw in the metal ring and then solder to the plug before poking that into the ring or what?

Thanks Tom

BTW are you familiar with Joe Gibb, and do you have a studio there in Wales (I remember seeing pics of a Trident console - is that yours?).

If so, I might have some business for ya.

-Tom

Tom,

Did you put the tx in the barrel, screw in the metal ring and then solder to the plug before poking that into the ring or what?
exactly :wink:
(Sorry fella I've had a few to many Tomos Watkins this afternoon :guinness: :sam: :guinness: )

Regarding Joe Gibb, Don't know him directly, just know of him.
went down mighty atom in swansea, afew years ago with my band at the time - apparently we were too stoner for them :wink:
long time ago tho !
The studio I do a lot for , and where the Trident is based, is Stir Studio - Cardiff, http://homepage.ntlworld.com/imagestar/pd_studio/stir_index.html
a good mate runs it - Paul Durrant.
i think Joe has spoken to Paul lately, i think somethings up down at mighty atom ?
I can certainly put you on to Paul , if you need some studio time / recording ,etc
mucho appreciated, old bean

Steve :sam: :sam:

Nice one Steve.

Yeah Joe has lost his studio as far as I know - an old BBC space...think he's looking for a place to work out of. Apparently he has work coming out of his ears.

I'm on the look out for a studio local to him for a mates band - they need to do a week somewhere for a label thing...already done a week with Joe at Mighty Atom and just need to finish up the record.

Band are looking for a place near him or last resort, bring him to Birmingham...

I'll let them know about Pauls place and see what happens.

Thanks again
Tom

Latest posts

Back