Rick Hall passes

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CJ

GDIY Supporter
Fame Studios , Muscle Shoals, thanks for all the cool music Rick!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Hall

Attachments

• rick hall.jpg
    rick hall.jpg
    77.5 KB
Hell 85, thats a good age for rock and roll .
A lot of my musician mates are already whiskefied and on the rocks at half that age.
Interesting life he must have had and quite a spread of different genres of music too .

Sad loss. There was a great programme on BBC2 about Muscle Schoals. Rick Hall spoke for quite some time about Fame and the whole scene there. Highly recommended.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DF4fLX61LQc

[EDIT: Sorry, I forgot it had Bono in it ...]

Ahahah Mag,
At least youtube makes it easy to skip the gobshitery ,there was a time when Bono did have something to say ,I guess once you have a couple of billion in shares you play it safe ,kinda shows the money owns him now and not the other way round .

I caught the muscle shoals documentary. It was fantastic. I had a friend recently record down there, I can't wait to hear the results.  It's only  the 3rd day in. As much as this is sad, it reminds me that we are not getting any younger.

Yeah I watched that doc Magneto,
inspirational stuff,
Rick had balls of hardened steel forged down at the reynolds plant ,bless him.

What a standup guy!

Believe me or not, I knew and loved exactly that bone dry funky Muscle Shoals sound from dozens of albums but could never really place it.

That BBC documentary was really well made thanks for the pointer.

Great documentary with great insight. Another legendary rhythm section but this time they walked and set up on their own. Fascinating how the two key elements to success were yet again the players and the room. No mention of the gear.

Cheers

Ian

ruffrecords said:
Great documentary with great insight. Another legendary rhythm section but this time they walked and set up on their own. Fascinating how the two key elements to success were yet again the players and the room. No mention of the gear.

Cheers

Ian
"Those who can do, play. Those who can't, make gear."

That about what you're sayin'?

Back