RODE NT1 Signature Series GUTS

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AUDIO FREQ

GDIY Supporter
Just bought one of these for 50 bucks used locally.

Couldnt pass it up for the price. Taking a look inside, and the circuit board says......WHAT?????!!! NT1A?
Sounds good though, very low noise. A little nasally, but thats just how I naturally sound. Like a nasally nerd. Thats me.

Attachments

• tempImageApQlVq.png
    tempImageApQlVq.png
    13.1 MB
  • tempImageo2r7oM.png
    tempImageo2r7oM.png
    11.9 MB
  • tempImagek9ZThE.png
    tempImagek9ZThE.png
    13 MB
I thought the 'NT1 signature' was the same as the 'NT1 4th generation', not the 'NT1A' ?
That would allow them to carry on using the same simple 'NT1' name for the 5th generation (digital version), while the 'Signature' version allowed them to sell off the remaining 4th generation NT1 stock.
Now I learn the 'signature' is actually an NT1A
I learn something new every day! :)

I thought the 'NT1 signature' was the same as the 'NT1 4th generation', not the 'NT1A' ?
That would allow them to carry on using the same simple 'NT1' name for the 5th generation (digital version), while the 'Signature' version allowed them to sell off the remaining 4th generation NT1 stock.
It's all very confusing to me as well.

No, the signature NT1 is basically the 5th gen without the digital converter and USB output.

Regardless of what Rode says about them using the exact same capsule as the 4th gen, their own datasheets (and my ears) say it's tuned differently. I got into an argument with Rode on YouTube about this. There's about a 4 dB boost from 3K onward with a peak at 10K.

These are both noticeably brighter than the 4th gen NT1. It's not the same sound as an NT1A, but it's between that and the 4th gen NT1. I'd probably compare it to the smoother Chinese capsules you'd find in the CAD M179 or Rode NT2000.
Screenshot_20241022_190408_Drive.jpg
Ignore that it says it's the NT1 5th gen, they have the same frequency response.

Last edited:
Back