Rode NTK Polar Pattern Mod

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cosmolac

I’ve recently been messing around with modifying my ntk to allow for variable polar pattern control, like the k2. I ve got a proper capsule to put in, and it seems all the electronics are the same as the k2, besides needing a connection from J1 to pin 7 on the mic connector (inside the mic itself pin 7 is already connected)
So the only thing I havent been able to find is what value is the polar pattern pot on the K2? Ive found schematics for the ntk but no luck so far on finding one for the k2

Attachments

• E4248D85-7211-4A89-9A60-80EFB73FC9F8.jpeg
    E4248D85-7211-4A89-9A60-80EFB73FC9F8.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
1meg should probably be fine. No point to go much lower in value, just burning off power / heat for no good reason.

1meg should probably be fine. No point to go much lower in value, just burning off power / heat for no good reason.
Thank you for the response! Is there any risk of the resistance being too high and messing with the patterns? I dont know too much about the circuit but given the k2 has three patterns labeled, one with the potentiometer all the way down, figure 8 with it all the way up, and cardioid in the middle im assuming one pattern is achieved by connecting directly to b+ via the pot, the other one by connecting to 0v by the pot and cardioid in the middle has equal resistance on either side, with a one meg pot 500k ohms on either side.
Would that resistance be too high?
But also would the result of it being too high just mean theres a larger area in the center position that is cardioid?

Thanks for bearing with me this is a bit unfamiliar 👍

Latest posts

Back