Rohde & Schwarz Audio Analyzer UPL

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andow

A colleague is selling a R&S UPL for a reasonable price so I'm really considering buying it. I've been using it already in the past and I think it's quality is beyond debate. What I'm concerned with is the service life of these devices. It's already around 20 years old and basically just a computer running DOS so I feel like it is only a matter of time until problems will occur. I haven't been in touch with R&S yet, but I read that they don't provide support if major components will fail on these old units.
Does anybody here have experience with these units, especially regarding servicability these days?

Last edited:
This thread is the most comprehensive resource I've seen for UPL repair and info - Rohde Schwarz R&S UPL Audio Analyzer Renovation.

There are a few more scattered around the EEVblog site and DIYaudio.com too.

IMO it would want to every cheap to make it worth the risk. You could comfortably exceed specs for day to day measurements with a modern DA/AD combo and with some thought features like switchable source impedances, automatic input level scaling etc can be implemented.

Thank you for the link! Good to know that there is some info available. I already found another thread that helped me getting the unit up and running after a BIOS battery swap.

I'm probably gonna get it and hope it will still run a few years.....

Latest posts

Back