Ruffrecords’ DB25 Summing Help

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funkymonksf

Well hello!

I’m planning a 16 input summer using Ian’s clever DB25 boards. I understand the basics, but would like to use mono channels. Two ideas that I’d love some input on:

1. Place a switch on a number of pairs to go from stereo to mono. Downside, tight real estate on the board.

2. Have one board dedicated to stereo and the other to mono. Seems a more affordable and straightforward option, but am unsure if there’s anything to consider. I know to adjust the resistance to keep the gain levels the same, but unsure if the shunting remains the same at the end.

Also, does anyone have a recommendation on a high quality right angled DSub connector?

Did you all make your own 8 channel cables? If so, what parts do you recommend? I’m considering going to Redco to get an 8 channel Mogami snake cable and some TRS connectors , but I would appreciate a suggestion on Dsub connectors as I hear they can be fussy with wide cables, not mention a pain to solder. I’ve considered going the crimp option, but it’s real pricey, at least Redco’s offerings.

Thanks in advance!

PS if you have used this board I’d love see pictures of your work!!

Latest posts

Back