Safety dance

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tubetec

I got out into town last night to see a gig , Jazz weekend here .
The first rock n roll gig Ive seen in 18 months , a bunch of my friends playing in a pub .
Technically I shouldnt have been allowed in , but I managed to blag my way past security without getting checked ,
They were tied up at the door checking covid passports all night , inside the pub it was a free for all ,
The younger generation , boozed up , throwing caution to the wind , dancing up close , trying to sing backing into the vocalists mic , stage invasion at the end ,
fairly risky stuff vaccinated or not . Night clubs have just re-opened but from tomorrow online booking will be required for entry to facillitate contact tracing in the event of an outbreak . Tickets for pub gigs will apparently not be required as long as there is no dancing allowed and people remain seated , covid pass will still be a requirement .
The reality of the situation is the 300,000 or so partially vaxed or unvaccinated people left in Ireland are not responsible for the majority of cases. They may indeed represent more than 50% of the cases of hospitalisation , but due to lack of testing we cant say for certain if the 90%+ of vaccinated people are responsible for the majority of the cases and are much more likely to take needless risks , my hunch is more testing would reveal the ugly truth , that the young vacinated people are taking more risks , less likely to show symptoms and much more likely to be spreading the virus . Theres an ongoing blame game going on in the minds of the vaxed against the unvaxed ,demonisation and second class citizenry . Were upto over 2000 cases a day here and its rising steadily , we'll be back to square one by Christmas and I expect more draconian measures will end up being put in place in '22 .

In any case I'll keep a test kit handy over the next few days in case of exposure and if I start to feel unwell I can easily self isolate as I live alone

We can dance ,we can dance , everybodies taking a chance , safety dance ........

Last edited:
It sounds like you had a good (slightly paranoid) time. We don’t have the restrictions were I live but wonder when in a crowded bar if I’m doing the right thing . Still it’s great to have a pint and dance/listen to some music and talk to friends.

Dude, life is a series of calculated risks. Getting out of bed and heading to work could be just as dangerous if not more dangerious. One must decide if the risk is worth the reward. In this case a night where you see some friends and enjoy music is worth it.

I agree wholeheartedly with the sentiments expressed above , its been a rocky road for musicians here the last 18 months , things are only just beginning to open up again recently but the way things are going further restrictions might be inevitable .

I agree wholeheartedly with the sentiments expressed above , its been a rocky road for musicians here the last 18 months , things are only just beginning to open up again recently but the way things are going further restrictions might be inevitable .
And there is the risk vs reward. Expect people to get lazy about it all. All you can do is do your due diligence

Back