Schematic Rode NT2-A

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just tried 470pf and 4.7nf there, not much difference, just a hair less of top end
Exactly what I said.
That's what I followed.
The 510pF value worked perfectly for me.
Already with 1nF it seemed more closed than I like.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-02-10-21-27-35-777_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-02-10-21-27-35-777_com.android.chrome.jpg
    346.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_2024-02-10-21-28-46-341_com.atomicadd.fotos.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-02-10-21-28-46-341_com.atomicadd.fotos.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 0
And yet it works.
NT2-a is different from NT1 black.
I put a 0.51nF capacitor (511) from the jFet source (pin C11) to ground.
Glad if it works for you, source impedance is quite low, i can't see how 0.51nF would do anything, but i could be missing something.

Glad if it works for you, source impedance is quite low, i can't see how 0.51nF would do anything, but i could be missing something.
Kingkorg,
I approached the topic in the most pragmatic way. I soldered a 10nF capacitor to ground and went the reverse audio path to the input. I thought it was better to filter at the beginning of the audio chain. It worked after C12, between C11-C12, before C11. After some tweaking I decided to remove the treble that was bothering me, but with the desire to still keep a sound profile close to the U87ai (at least graphically, because I didn't have one at hand). I used Superlux 681 headphones, it's true that they have expanded highs. At the value of 511G (I hope I said 0.51nF correctly), I liked it. Radio-ready sound.
Please, If you have the possibility, in an NT2a of yours, make comparative measurements between stock and my mod. I'm curious if I attenuated about 0.5..0.7 dB after 8..9kHz, that's what I was hoping for.

I tried first yours one only, then both. Anyway none of them makes a real change. A small piece of foam under the capsule in my NT1000 did a bigger change.

Today I was wondering about desoldering C11, pick there the signal there and send it through a cap and a low? ratio transformer into the output and see if it works (to add later a classic deemphasis)

You don't like my ways, but I do learn somehow :)

I tried first yours one only, then both. Anyway none of them makes a real change. A small piece of foam under the capsule in my NT1000 did a bigger change.

Today I was wondering about desoldering C11, pick there the signal there and send it through a cap and a low? ratio transformer into the output and see if it works (to add later a classic deemphasis)

You don't like my ways, but I do learn somehow :)
I also thought about using the input part of the circuit (which ensures low noise) and a transformer or BJT+transformer (for some magnetic saturation). I'm still studying.
✨In another context I thought that a jumper over C11 would increase the equivalent capacitance (from about 41.1 nF now, (47nF in series with 330nF) to 330nF and lower the frequency response (but would invert the output phase probably xlr pins 2 and 3 should be reversed and would affect the Hi-Pass.
✨For treble, as I didn't want a classic attenuation of several dB, like for a very bright k67 capsule, in this case I was satisfied, the stock microphone is very close as FR to the U87ai, only a small peak above about 9khz more , it bothered me a bit.
✨I thought that changes towards the output would introduce greater distortions, phase changes (although passive multi-way filters in acoustic enclosures exist and work).
✨And one more thing, if the impedance at the input of C11 was too low, then for a good response to the bass, the values of C11 and C12 had to be several microFarads, and the resistance from them, component of the filter, put to ground would be should have been a few kohms (not 940kohms for 'flat').
✨The next mod will be a U87 headbasket for the NT2a (the one received on the HL-77).

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back