Searching for Sugarman

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I watched it last night at the cinema..

Really enjoyed it and wow! what a modest guy Gonzales is...

bieckmusic said:
Did you know he was touring and making money as an artist...  There's some controversy about it...

You mean since '98 or something?

Just they portray him as a man left behind by the music business and truth was he was on a big tours...
Like his big grandstand tour with midnight oil...

I grew up with Rodriguez, it felt like. At high school parties every Friday night, one of the most popular albums was Cold Fact.

I hated it.....

Too slow and introverted.

But now having seen this doccie, I recalled all those times and it was really special.
Brought back some amazing memories and I have to say, I really enjoyed the songs. I dont think I will listen to the album too often (I dont have it), but it was a wonderful experience for me.

Added to the fact I knew most of the music industry people in the movie. Some good, some bad.

Peter

My parents had cold fact when I was a toddler, I can not have been more than 2 or 3 years old, but some of the songs, and particularly "I wonder" have stuck with me forever.

I have the record now. Bit scratched up, but it certainly takes me back to a time that I do not even remember (if that makes sense)

Cheers,

T

peterc said:
Added to the fact I knew most of the music industry people in the movie. Some good, some bad.

So, you might also know who got the money...  ;D

So, no sugarman on vinyl? Was it the only scratched song of the record?

Back